CONVENTION OF THE PARTY
- The Convention of the Party is the highest leading body of the Party, which has the right to make final decisions about any issue concerning the activity of the Party and the decisions of which are unequivocal for all the bodies, territorial and structural subdivisions and members of the Party
- The regular assemblies of the Party are organized at least once in two years by the board of the Party. The governing bodies of the Party and the members are informed about the convocation and schedule of the Convention no later than 15 days before the planned date.
- The board of the Party may organize extra conventions by the board’s own initiative or the initiative of the representatives of the board, or according to the request of at least 1/3 of the members of the boards of territorial organizations. The party members are informed about the convocation and schedule no later than 10 days before the planned date.
- The delegates of the extra conventions are the delegates of the previous regular conventions.
- The number of delegates of convention of the party, rules of electing the delegates, quotas given to the territorial organization, as well as the list of Party members participating in the convention is officially established by the board of the Party.
- Convention of the Party:
a. Discusses and confirms the program of the Party and the Statute, as well as the projects on changes and additions in them,
b. Hears and confirms the reports of the board of the Party about the Party’s activities in the period between the assemblies,
c. Elects members of the board through close and anonymous voting.
d. Elects the monitoring committee of the Party,
e. Hears and confirms the reports of the monitoring committee of the Party,
f. Defines strategic, ideological-political directions of the Party’s activities, the working directions of solving the emerging problems,
g. Makes decisions on reformation or dissolution of the Party,
- Resolutions of the Convention, besides the cases established by the law or current By-Laws, are accepted through open or close voting, by majority of the votes of present (registrated) participants.
- Confirmation of the program of the Party and Party’s Statute, changes and additions in them, reformation of the Party, dissolution, and other cases established by the law and the current Statute decisions are made through majority of votes of the delegates at the Convention.
- The Convention of the Party for monitoring of financial activity of the Party elects monitoring committee, the number of the members at the said monitoring committee is established by the Convention. A member of any of the leading bodies, the head of territorial subdivisions or the secretary cannot be a member of the monitoring committee.
- The members of monitoring committee elect the president of the committee from their staff. The monitoring committee of the Party functions in the scope of the warranties given to the committee by the Convention of the Party. The monitoring committee reports to the Convention only.
- The president of monitoring committee leads the operations of the committee.
- Meetings of the monitoring committee are organized once in 6 months by the president of the committee. Members of the committee are informed about the convocation and schedule of the committee meeting no later than 10 days before the planned date.
- The president of the committee organizes extra meetings by his/her own initiative or by the requirement of at least 1/3 of the members of the monitoring committee and any member from the board of representatives. Members of the committee are informed about the convocation and schedule of the committee’s extra meetings no later than 24 hours before the scheduled date.
- The monitoring committee can demand any information about the activity of the Party.
- Constituent Assembly, Dilijan, 22.05.2011
- AGREEMENT ON ESTABLISHING A PARTY
- 2nd (Extraordinary) Congress, Yerevan, Government Hall, March 13, 2012