“Free Democrats” party does not have a problem to be with someone or not. We have always raised and raise the issues that concern society. The important thing is not where opposition is, but what issues are raised. Naturally, I welcome the fact that non-governmental forces are able to agree on a some issues, but I do not think that today’s non-governmental forces have come to a general conclusion on the issue. And want to live in a free, democratic Armenia, where there will be no corruption, permissiveness, an ordinary member of the society would be protected. Armenia’s citizens, including representatives of authorities, are not protected. The opposition must not only cooperate, but also create an atmosphere of solidarity in order to receive support from the wider society.
– What prevents the consolidation of opposition.
– In my opinion having different ideas about the issues. Large part of the opposition and the authorities have the same opinion about the the Customs Union. “Free Democrats” party think that it was the wrong decision. I do not think that the Armenian-Russian relations at a high level, morover they have vassal relations. This does not mean that the voice of Armenia and Russia is equally should be heard in the world, but it does not mean that the citizen’s interest should be violated.
– Vast majority of parliamentary opposition considered this decision correct. Do not you think that CU’s supporters are more than the EU’s ?
– I don’t reserve the right to make statements on behalf of other political parties, moreover, saying the Western system of values we understand democratic, transparent, controlled by the public, public opinion apart from the the opinion of majority, reasonable opportunity to have a free country.
Countries like Armenia should be a liberal democratic country for providing vitality .
– And what about security issues in Armenia?
– The largest security guarantor of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh is developed and viable society. If we can not build such country, we would be deprived of the future. If a young man has no future hope in his country, he has to catch migration path. And it is not only about social issues. I am an optimistic person and I do not agree with the opinion that Armenia has no future, I simply state that in this condition citizens have this feeling. If a person does not see the future, starting a new job, a new program is a problem, because he don’t fully invest his energy in it. In Armenia we have distorted society, some people dream of leaving the country, the other part do not know how to behave. It’s unacceptable for me, when the authorities announce that Customs Union alternative is a war. Such approach I consider to be a crime.
-Is the reaction of authority and opposition about internal and external problems equivalent ?
– Naturally, the government is more constrained in this issue, despite in private conversations many authority representatives realistically assess the situation. The same in the opposition. The problem is that any process attempt to misrepresent.
– Who is trying?
– First of all the authorities.
-So the opposition is weak and vulnerable, if he is not “resist.”
– Of course. It is evident that they often try to scare with security issues. This is not serious. Up to this moment, both opposition and authorities failed to record a major success.After 91, Perhaps there have been changes in Armenia, but hasn’t been a powerchange. In Armenia the opposition will not come to power, not counting the 91 elections. In this sense, all of us, including me, were initially involved in these processes, have our fault. It turns out that we didn’t use right methodology, it does not refer to bloodshed. As a liberal, I am against such methods.